Protective fences are of different types. Their main task is to protect the area from external influences and penetration of unauthorized persons. Depending on the purpose, they can perform one or more combined functions.
What is a safety fence?
The main purpose of various types of fences at construction and other sites:
- protection against unauthorized entry;
- warning pedestrians and vehicle drivers;
- preventing the spread of debris from the workplace.
The following products are in greatest demand:
- from galvanized corrugated cardboard;
- metal for protective fencing of equipment and territory.
Depending on the task, an appropriate protection system is used:
- Fences for construction sites. Construction in modern cities is developing rapidly. New business centers, trade, exhibition, and other buildings appear. To ensure comfortable conditions during construction and create the safety of people around it, it is advisable to isolate the construction site. For this, use an appropriate protective fence.
- Protective structures for protection against electrical equipment. Safety is very important because electrical shock can be fatal to humans. For this reason, special systems are installed on the territory of the repair works to protect people and animals.
- Fences to restrict the movement of vehicles. Safety nets on roads are used to ensure traffic safety and restrict the access of animals and people, especially in places with high traffic and high speed.
- Fences with external sound insulation function. For many wearers, excessive noise can be annoying, leading to insomnia, hearing problems, and blood pressure failure. By installing a properly sized fence, you can reduce the noise level by at least 5-10 dB.
- Protective nets for sports. Mesh products are used to protect playgrounds and to restrict spectator access.
Classification of fences
Protective structures are classified by functional purpose, type of protection, the material of manufacture, type of foundation, and other characteristics.
The main types of protective fences:
- Fences for vehicles. Protective systems are classified according to the following criteria: retention rate, zone class, and impact power. There are also static and dynamic views. The former distributes the impact energy both on the restraint system and on the car, making them safer for passengers. Another advantage of such structures is the ease of installation and dismantling.
- For construction work. Their main function is to protect the site from the theft of construction equipment and materials, damage to property, theft of equipment; preventing the intrusion of strangers into the territory. The structure can perform not only a security function but also an alarm. In order to save time and money, many builders rent fencing for construction sites. The rental price depends on the amount of material and other characteristics.
- Sports nets. Protective structures are installed on football, volleyball, hockey, basketball, tennis, and ski grounds. The main advantage of such a fence is that the net restricts access and does not interfere with the viewer from watching what is happening on the field.
- Fences to prevent noise. The structure can be designed and installed even with your own hands, but it is better to consult with an experienced specialist on the optimal height of the structure and other characteristics. The height of the noise barrier is higher than that of traditional fences, which should be taken into account during installation. Numerous scientific studies have shown that the main amount of noise is generated by traffic, so this type of fence is suitable for people living along the road.
- Protection systems against electrical equipment. Modern designs have an aesthetic appearance, are compact in size, and are made of high-quality materials.
Fences made of durable materials for construction sites are made using the following technology:
- Before installation, it determines the length and height of the fence, calculates the amount of material.
- At the next stage, support columns are installed, a concrete base is prepared, and the fence is fixed. It is preferable to use unified prefabricated structures for installation.
Welding and other work may be required to install equipment guards.